URBAN FACTORY CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
At Urban Factory, confidentiality is synonymous to equity and transparency. This Confidentiality Notice provides you with information concerning the use of your personal data at in order to inform you and sell you our products and services as well as maintain, improve and manage our products and services in order to offer you the best experience when interacting with us.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and local laws in effect, this Confidentiality Notice communicates information on the way in which Urban Factory collects, uses, protects, saves, shares and deletes (collectively designated by the terms “process” or “processing” in this Confidentiality Notice) your personal data. We also provide information on the procedure for contacting us in order to exercise your rights grants by local laws.
DATA PROTECTION CONTACT DETAILS
OFFICE: +33 (0)1 45 78 45 78
FAX: +33 (0)1 45 78 45 79
57, rue de la Convention 75015, Paris
CELL: +1 786 631 7305
575, Madison Avenue, C/O Constantin, 25th Floor - NY 10 022 New York
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH THEM?
– the information we use to ensure you are actually the person you say you are. This includes: name [given name, family name, initials], email address, phone number, username, password, social network usernames.
– the information we use to ensure you get the most out of the community such as registration and participation in events.
– the information we use to contact you in order to send you Urban Factory products, communicate promotional information, share Urban Factory news and answer your questions and concerns. This includes, for example: phone number, delivery and billing address, email address, instant messaging ID, social media names.
– the information we use to learn more about you in order to build a better relationship with you as an Urban Factory customer, create products that you like and focus our marketing efforts on messages you will find useful and interesting (based on your online behaviour) as well as to optimize your social media interaction with Urban Factory and other members of the Urban Factory community. This includes all public information on social media such as [but not limited to]: your use of social media, your interactions and publications on social media, your “Likes” and other reactions, your connections to social media and your photos. This information is transmitted by the social media platform (i.e. Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.) directly or indirectly by agencies with which we have agreements.
– the information we use to secure our network and enhance our services and performance. This includes, for example: the IP address, date and time of the visit, duration of the visit on our Website, the reference URL (if you have arrived on our site via another site or an advert), the pages you look at on our site, the type of browser you use, the type of device you use, the versions, and the operating system.
– the information we use to process your order. This includes, for example: your shopping basket, your payment information (credit card number), your payment risk profile, delivery details, delivery and billing address, order number, and Urban Factory purchase history.
- the information we use for quality control and to ensure we satisfy your demands and legal requirements. This includes, for example: recording your calls to our customer service centre, notes on your feedback, associated discounts, electronic and postal correspondence with Urban Factory personnel.
– the information we use to ensure we only communicate information that is pertinent for you, that we provide the best Urban Factory items and offers that may interest you and in order to enhance your experience as an Urban Factory member of our online and offline communities. This includes, for example: your purchase history, your wish list, your browsing behaviour, your browsing preferences, your buying preferences.
– the information we use to ensure you benefit from the best Urban Factory experience with each of our interactions. This includes, for example: your preferred language, wish list, preferred delivery address, preferred browser, our correspondence with you, your Urban Factory product evaluations.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data for the following:
To sell you our products and services - We use your personal data to process your order, ensure receipt of your payment, respect the requirements of our (to sell you the products), deliver the products you order, exchange the products as necessary and reimburse you as applicable.
To keep you informed of our products and services - We use your personal data to send you alerts and updates on our products and services based on your preferences, interests, participations and communities. When you buy our products, we contact you without obtaining your direct consent to communicate information on our products and services (service emails). This is considered part of our “legitimate business interest” in order to ensure our business continues to prosper.
To save your personal data - We save your personal data until you ask us to delete them.
To protect our products and services - As a company, we may only continue to prosper if we vigorously protect our institutional and commercial interests. This includes ensuring orders and payments are legitimate (fraud prevention), that our research and development activities are going in the proper direction, and that our marketing strategies target the correct public with the right messages. As one of our customers, your data will be used to help us achieve these aims as part of our efforts to continue offering you the best products and experiences. This is considered part of our “legitimate business interest” in order to ensure our business continues to prosper.
To offer you a first-class experience at all times - We collect and save certain information we collect from you and your devices, computing equipment and browsers (particularly by using cookies, pixel tags and other targeting technology).
To execute, improve and manage our products and services - We take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from accidental or illegal destruction, loss or alteration, unauthorized use, disclosure and/or access, particularly when the processing thereof involves data transfers and against all other forms of illegal and abusive processing.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
As a socially responsible company, we may need to share your data with the following types of entities (as allowed and required by law):
- Government authorities and/or police if required as per the purposes identified in this notice, if required by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests pursuant to applicable laws.
- We may run shared programmes, events or promotions in collaboration with other companies on their Websites or apps. Our partners will only use your personal data if your prior consent is obtained. If you do not want your personal data to be collected by or shared with a company other than Urban Factory, you may always choose not to participate in such programmes, promotions or events.
- If the company is sold or merged with another company, your personal data will be disclosed to our advisors and the advisors of any potential buyer as well as the new company owners.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS INDICATED?
- When you register, buy products, participate in our communities or create an account, you consent to our use of the personal data communicated for the aims identified in this Notice. We save the terms of your permission to use your personal data in a particular manner. This includes, for example, your consent to receive marketing communications, your consent to share your data with third parties, your consent to transfer your data to a different location.
- We will process and use your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations in order to supply you with the products and services you request.
- We will process and use your personal data to suggest and improve our products and services, send you marketing communications and research and development surveys.
- We will process and use your personal data to respect our legal obligations in virtue of applicable laws.
AND NOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
As a consumer located in France, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data in virtue of the GDPR. Nonetheless, please know that we will comply as established by law. In certain cases where we are legally required to save your data as is, we will deny your requests. In such cases, we will explain why.
Access to your personal data - You have the right to request access to your personal data. This also includes information concerning:
a) the reasons why we keep your personal data;
b) the categories of data we keep;
c) our use of your personal data;
d) who accesses your personal data (and their location);
e) where your personal data may be transferred;
f) the period of time during which we save your personal data;
g) if you have not communicated your personal data directly, how we obtained them;
h) your rights in virtue of applicable laws and the possibility of restricting processing;
i) if we use your personal data for any automatic decisions.
If you have any questions, concerns or claims regarding your confidentiality rights concerning your personal data, you may contact the Urban Factory team responsible for confidentiality at the address
QUESTIONS AND CLAIMS?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
SUBCONTRACTED DATA PROCESSORS
PLANETHOSTER inc. | Laval (Québec), Canada
Braintree | Chicago, USA
Paypal | California, USA
Prestashop | Paris, France
Urban Factory | Paris, France
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
When you use certain Urban Factory products and services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files with a chain of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use session cookies as well as permanent cookies. A session cookie disappears upon closing your browser. A permanent cookie continues to exist after closing your browser and may be used by your browser upon subsequent visits to the Service. You may check the Help file for your web browser to learn how to modify your cookies settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, it may not be possible to use all the potential offered by Urban Factory Products and Services features. We may also use third-party cookies. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analysis data.
COOKIES USED BY URBAN FACTORY
We use different types of cookies as listed below. They help us provide and improve our service; for example, to present you with the most pertinent information and your custom webpage. Some of the cookies listed may be saved in your browser or on your device.
Cookies and similar technologies notify us when you log into our website and allow us to display appropriate and pertinent information and features.
For example, these cookies and similar technologies allow us to understand how you use Urban Factory Products and Services.
For example, when someone logs into your account from a browser or IP address that is different from the one registered in the cookies, you will be warned and may deny said person access to your account. Moreover, these cookies and similar technologies save requests for information from the Internet and block attacks such as attempted theft of your content sent via Urban Factory websites.
These cookies and similar technologies help us provide localized experiences such as displaying the website content in your preferred language.
Features and Services
For example, these cookies and similar technologies may pre-enter your user ID to log in, post the friends that are online and save your preferences in order to provide you with personalized content and experiences such as personalized suggestions.
For example, these cookies and similar technologies help us balance the workload among our servers. They also save certain information on your browser or your device so that our website may respond faster.
Analysis Data and Research
For example, we can use these cookies and similar technologies to understand how you use the Urban Factory apps and websites in order to enhance their features.
AND WHAT IF YOU DON’T LIKE COOKIES?
You can modify the settings for your browser to delete cookies or prevent them from being saved on your computer or mobile device without authorization. The help menu for your browser should provide information on how to manage cookies settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
You may also see or to find out how some of the third parties we work with suggest deregistering for certain targeted advertising. You may check these sites from each browser and device for which you wish to deregister. Deregistration tools may depend on cookies, so you may have to check these sites again to re-establish your preferences if you delete your cookies.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE THIS COOKIES POLICY?
The date at the top of this Policy on cookies is the date it was last updated.
WHERE CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?